Monday, July 26, 2010

Cocoa Loco Krispymallow Treats

Tonight I decided to try out a Hungry Girl Recipe. I have a few Hungry Girl cookbooks and receive daily emails, but don't make the recipes that often because they typically call for a lot of ingredients... and some are ingredients that I don't always love to use (sugar substitute, etc.) I saw this recipe a while back and thought that it sounded good. It's a healthy treat.

Hungry Girl's Cocoa Loco Krispymallow Treats 

Ingredients:3 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups Chocolate Cheerios cereal
3 cups puffed wheat cereal
1 1/2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original)
One 1.53-oz. package Reese's Pieces candy, lightly crushed
One 1.69-oz. package Milk Chocolate M&M's candy, lightly crushed

I started by spraying cooking spray in a 9x13 inch baking pan. I then took the Brummel & Brown 




And melted it in a large saucepan over low heat. 




Once the Brummel & Brown was melted, I added the 3 cups of mini-marshmallows. 


And stirred the mixture until it was completely melted. The original recipe says that it will take a while, but it was pretty quick. 

I combined the 3 different cereals.



Then poured the cereal into the saucepan and stirred everything up until the cereal was well coated with the marshmallow mixture. 


Once everything was combined, I poured the mixture into the baking pan. 




Pressed it down- then added lightly crushed M & M's and Peanut M & M's (the store didn't have a small bag of Reece's Pieces). And pressed them down into the crispy treats. 


I put the pan in the refrigerator to cool. Once treats were set, I cut them into 15 pieces. They turned out pretty good- and if you're counting points, they're only 2 points each- not bad. 

I have the original recipe if you're interested in a copy of it. 









3 comments:

Amy said...

Those look incredible, friend!

Amy said...

What are you making for the premiere of Jersey Shore 2 tonight?
Popcorn and M&M's?? =)

Anonymous said...

I would like a copy please. - Jayme

ps. I am too lazy to create a profile.